Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church – Oak Park, Ill. (posted Feb. 2017)
Position: Youth Ministry Coordinator
Part-Time 15-20 hours per week average, concentrated on Sundays and Wednesdays (during school year), occasional weekends for retreats and the annual week-long summer mission trip.
Time Frame: June 2017-May 2018
Compensation: $ 425 week ($1,700 monthly) Non-exempt position.
• Assist and encourage the youth of Fair Oaks through their faith discovery and journeys.
• Engage congregation and youth leaders in this mission.
The Youth Ministry Coordinator will be supervised and be accountable to the Senior Pastor (Interim or Permanent) as head of the church staff. This is a one-year, part-time position with primarily Sunday and Wednesday time commitments as well as occasional weekend requirements. The initial term may be renewed if mutually agreed upon.
1. Provide leadership and supervision of Fair Oaks’ Mid-High and Senior High youth group programs, including (but not limited) to:
a. development and implementation of content for youth group meetings/events,
b. fellowship with and among youth and effective collaboration with youth leaders, staff and Session to maintain and enhance a vibrant youth ministry,
c. Interaction with the Chicago Presbytery for planning and youth events.
2. Provide support to Mid and Senior High aspects of our Logos program (Wednesdays September-March), as determined by the Logos Board and the Director of Christian Education.
3. Participate in annual Senior High Mission Trip July 21-28. Provide planning support for 2018 trip.
4. Provide support for weekly Sunday morning Mid-High church school.
5. Foster fellowship among youth, their families and the congregation, including timely and effective communications about youth ministry activities, ensuring appropriate youth leader and parental involvement and
6. Participate in Sunday worship services and other Fair Oaks events to develop positive relationships with youth and their families.
7. Attend weekly Wednesday staff meetings and willingness to provide regular updates on activities, successes and challenges.
• A strong desire to guide youth (6th to 12th grade) in Christian-based relationships
• Demonstrable track record of successfully leading youth activities and engaging youth participation
• Demonstrable organizational and communication skills
• Past experience with church youth group as an active participant or leader
• Ability to work independently while collaborating with various stakeholders to ensure the health of Fair Oaks’ youth ministry.
• Successful completion of a criminal background check.
The fulfillment of these responsibilities of the Youth Ministry Coordinator shall work in weekly cooperation with the professional staff and volunteers.
A 90-day evaluation shall be undertaken with the Personnel Committee as a means of personal and professional development and to determine the coordinator’s progress in supporting Fair Oaks’ youth.
Please email resumes with a cover introduction to email@example.com.
Questions can be submitted to the same email address.