Assist our congregations in building lay and clergy partnerships that nurture and employ the various gifts of the Spirit within our people.
Our members are our foundation and our youth are our future. We empower ministry through Bible study and other church-based education programs, identifying and developing spiritual leaders within congregations and providing opportunities for children and youth to continually grow in the Christian spirit.
Empower Ministry Covenants
- Clergy Retreat
- DOOR (Discovering Opportunities for Outreach and Reflection)
- Hispanic Bible Connection Covenant
- Hope for Youth
- L.E.A.D. (Leadership, Education, and Development for the Whole Church).
- Mission Council 8
- Southside Christian Educators
- Urban Senior Retreat
- Worship Alive!
- Youth Ministry
Empower Ministry 2013 Mission Directions
- Deepen our faith through biblical literacy and understanding by resourcing strong church-based education programs for all generations
- Encourage collaboration between clergy and lay leadership that utilizes the gifts of people in congregations for the practice of ministry
- Provide training to reclaim and share the unique corporate, connectional and collegial expressions of our identity and polity as Presbyterians
- Encourage the spiritual growth and ministry skills of clergy and lay leadership through prayer, fellowship,
Processes for Accomplishing the Missions Directions
The above Mission Directions are frequently accomplished through
- Working with groups of congregations on covenant development, enacting, and evaluation.
- Awarding scholarship for continuing education.
The challenge of the Empower Ministry Leadership Team is to be aware of needs of clergy and congregations throughout the presbytery, and challenge them to create covenants that will move them toward meeting needs for more effective ministry. The Leadership Team will also consult with the Commission on Ministry and other groups throughout the presbytery as they seek to challenge congregations to join together to find creative ways of enhancing their ministry.