Ecumenical and Inter-Religious
On behalf of Presbytery Coordinating Commission, the Ecumenical and Inter-Religious Work Group, cares for the Presbytery’s relationships with other Christian denominations, with other spiritual and religious communities, and with ecumenical and interreligious organizations and bodies.
Although Chicago Presbytery partners with justice advocacy groups from time to time, the Ecumenical and Inter-religious Work Group’s purpose is to create and sustain mutually empowering channels of communication with other religious communities. Its primary purpose is relationship-building, not advocacy for specific ideologies, parties, or causes.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with other Christian denominations and religious and spiritual communities;
- Assist in promoting ecumenical educational and worship opportunities;
- Assist in promoting inter-religious educational and celebration opportunities;
- Provide timely interpretation materials on ecumenical and inter-religious groups to promote better relationships.
The resources, news and events included in the Interfaith Resources website are provided by EIRWG for those interested in interfaith relationship building.
To find out more, contact:
- Rev. Jay Moses, Moderator
- Rev. Robert Reynolds, Executive Presbyter
Find us on Facebook